Lego Based Therapy Training
Lego® Based Therapy
This is a school based INSET training course.
LEGO® - based Therapy is a collaborative, play based social skills intervention designed to improve social competence in children with autism and related conditions.
Please click here to find out more and for a booking form.
What are the aims of LEGO®- based Therapy?
- Promote the development of appropriate social, communication and play skills.
- Utilise children’s strengths to develop areas of weakness.
Who is it for?
- Children with ASC and social communication difficulties.
- It is also starting to be used for children with anxiety and depression. Research has yet to evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention for these conditions.
This course will cover:
- Theory and principles behind LEGO®-based therapy.
- Practical application of LEGO®-based therapy.
- Setting up and running LEGO®-based therapy sessions in schools and community settings.
- Effective facilitation strategies.
- Monitoring progress in group members.
- Managing emotional and behavioural responses.
- Generalisation of social skills.
- Intervention fidelity
If you would like to book this course for your school/establishment please contact us.