A unique full day training course where you will work with a group of children on a supervised practice session of Lego Based Therapy where you will learn how to set up a group, develop pupils communication skills and look at assessments, planning and monitoring to ensure an effective intervention.
Lego Based Therapy is suitable for pupils from 7-77 who are autistic, have SEMH or nurture needs. It is a social communication support and intervention that pupils love.
To get the best out of this course allow 2 staff from each school. ***2 for the price of 1 *** £225 – both members of staff work together during the morning, on the same Zoom call. You will work with 3 pupils from your school setting for 30 mins after lunch.
- Choose 2 members of staff
- Each day will run from 9.15am – 2.45pm with a break for lunch between 12.15–1pm. The course is CPD accredited
- You will need: Access to an internet connection and laptop or computer with a camera and microphone and be able to access Zoom from your school.
- A set of 3 children from your ‘bubble’ to work with from 1.15pm to 2pm. They can be in any year group from Y2-Y8 and any combination of children that might work together. We suggest working with children you don’t often work with, which can be an advantage in this training.
- A simple Lego kit such as those from Lego Classic sets and a Lego set such as Lego city or a simple vehicle. (2 sets in total) Make sure you have a set of instructions with each.
- A small bag or box with a selection of Lego for freestyling.
- To print off the handout, resource sheets and badges we send you.
- To watch a video of a Lego Based Therapy session before the session.
Resources and preparation work will be sent to attendees, once payment has been received.
There are no reviews yet.