Lego® Based Therapy Courses
LEGO® - based Therapy is a collaborative, play based social skills intervention designed to improve social competence in children with autism and related conditions.
Due to popular demand we have more dates for this training:
Tuesday 8th October 2019: Southport (primary / SEND)
Date to be confirmed Nov 2019: Longridge (secondary school focus)
What are the aims of LEGO®- based Therapy?
- Promote the development of appropriate social, communication and play skills.
- Utilise children’s strengths to develop areas of weakness.
Who is it for?
- Children with ASC and social communication difficulties.
- It can also be used for children with social, emotional and mental health issues.
This course will cover:
- Theory and principles behind LEGO®-based therapy.
- Practical application of LEGO®-based therapy.
- Setting up and running LEGO®-based therapy sessions in schools and community settings.
- The role of the adult in faciliating the sessions.
- Monitoring progress in group members.
- Managing emotional and behavioural responses.
- Generalisation of social skills.
- Assessment and planning.